Want to know a secret? I get asked often how I have built up my stash and am able to pull so many different colors for #pileofabricstashshare. I also get asked how to build a stash without going broke. Well, for over a year now I have participated in a monthly bundle club called Around the Color Wheel from Marmalade Fabrics. I just got this months bundle in the mail and having been staring at it off and on for a few hours.
- Being in a monthly club satisfies my fabric shopping urges, but is budget friendly since I know exactly how much I am spending every month.
- I am subscribed to receive the Solids and Prints bundles each month, which is perfect for my style, I almost always use coordinating solids with all of my projects. I am also more of color focused quilter, so I tend to use a mix of prints or solids from many different designers in specific colors, as opposed to using fabrics from one entire collection and designer.
- The solids are Kona® Cotton, which as you all know is my favorite brand solid. Tammy at Marmalade labels the name of each Kona® Cotton color on every piece you buy, which is an amazing perk. I want all my solids labeled so this saves me a bunch of time.
- Since I am subscribed to the club I don’t even have to think, each month my PayPal account is billed and my fabric shows up in the mail.
- I have two young children and I have learned my lesson bringing them with me to shop for fabric (yikes!), so I prefer to shop online.